Volt Air Terms & Conditons
All work undertaken by Volt Air Pty Ltd (hereinafter “the company”) is subject to the following terms & conditions:
1. Quotations and estimations are only valid for the work specified
2. The customer is responsible for checking that quotations and estimations accurately reflect the work the customer has requested
3. The Company and its agents have unimpeded access to the premises during standard business hours being 8AM – 4PM Monday – Friday when required. Work required outside of these hours will attract out of hours premium rates
4. The Company and its agents have free and unrestricted access to all required work areas and no clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas is required
5. None of the Company’s agents or representatives are authorised to make any representations, statements, conditions or agreements not expressed by the director or general manager of the Company in writing nor is the Company bound by any such unauthorised statements
6. Should any variations to the quoted or estimated work occur, the Company will inform the customer of this and advise of any additional costs as a result of the variations
7. Costs quoted or estimated assume that the existing building wiring is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the proposed work up to standard will be at additional cost
8. Costs quoted or estimated assume that the existing switchboard does not require rewiring, updating or modification and that no existing RCDs or circuit breakers require replacing
9. Unless otherwise specified, all air con quotations and estimations are provided on the assumption that the indoor and outdoor units are to be installed back to back, that the proposed air con location is no more than 15m from the switchboard, that the switchboard can accommodate the air con and that the outdoor unit is floor mounted
10. Unless otherwise specified, all prices quoted or estimated or air con cleaning are based on the assumption that all air con units have been cleaned and serviced at least annually. If this is not the case and the units are found to be excessively dirty, additional charges apply.
10. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that all local government regulations and building regulations are complied with for all spa installations. If powerpoints, isolators or conduit for the spa are to be at a specific location in relation to the spa Volt Air Pty Ltd is to be notified to the exact location prior to the commencement of work
10. Unless otherwise specified, all light and power point installations and/ or replacement quotations and estimations are provided on the assumption that walls are cavity walls, the switchboard is no more than 15m from the proposed locations of power points, proposed power points are not mounted on wall skirting or on the floor, light switches are not mounted on door frames and that cabling is not required to be surface run
11. Unless otherwise specified, all quotations or estimations are provided on the assumption that usage of an elevated work platform is not required. Should this be the case, such usage will attract separate charges.
12. All quotations and estimations are provided on the assumption that ceilings are not rake ceilings. Should this be the case, further charges will apply.
13. Where carpet or flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work, no charge is made for this service, with best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at the customers cost, to affect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
14. Unless otherwise specified, any quoted or estimated price is based on the assumption that the work will be executed in a hazardous material free environment, specifically that no asbestos is required to be disturbed. It is a strict condition that the customer accepts full responsibility for the resolution of any problems and for delays and additional costs which may result from the presence of these materials in or about the site on which the works (or any part thereof) are to be performed.
15. The customer shall inform the Company and its agents of any incident or potential hazard that may cause harm to Company personnel or agents.
16. Where the proposed work includes excavation or disturbance of the ground, it is the Customer responsibility to inform Volt Air Pty Ltd prior to the commencement of work whether any utility, telecommunications, sewerage or other service cables and/ or pipelines may be affected. The Company will accept no liability for any rectification work, indemnification costs or any other fees and charges for damaged cables or pipelines resulting from the customers non disclosure of their existence and/ or location.
17. Should any rectification work be required due to building structural issues (whether such issues were known to the customer prior to commencement of the work or not) this will be subject to separate charges. All work undertaken by Volt Air shall be on the basis that all building components including but not limited to walls, roofs, ceilings, doors, are structurally sound. Should this not be the case, it is the customers responsibility to inform Volt Air accordingly prior to the commencement of any works.
18. Except where detailed, builders work (creating of holes larger than 50mm diameter, creating of support structures, plastering work, modifying cavities etc) is not included
19. Re-decoration and final making good is excluded
20. The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the customer upon delivery
21. The goods supplied shall remain property of the Company until all sums due have been paid in full
22. Where the customer supplies the materials to be used in the installation or the appliances (eg air con units, ovens, ceiling fans etc.) to be installed, Volt Air Pty Ltd accepts no liability should these materials or appliances not be fit for purpose, not function as expected or not function at all. Any subsequent reinstallation, repair or fault finding in relation to these materials or appliances will be subject to separate charges
23. With reference to clause 16, if the customer supplies a ceiling fan to be installed all prices quoted or estimated are on the assumption that the ceiling fan supplied comes with a fan mechanism. Should this not be the case and Volt Air Pty Ltd is required to supply the fan mechanism, this will be subject to charges separate to the price quoted or estimated.
25. With reference to clause 16, it is the customer responsibility to lodge a warranty claim, as may be applicable, through the supplier of the materials or products.
25. Where the Company has installed, at the customers request, a second hand appliance or product or provided such as product with power (eg air con, spa etc) Volt Air Pty Ltd will accept no liability should the product or appliance not be fit for purpose, not function as expected or not function at all
26. If the Company has attended to, at the customers request, to fixing an existing faulty refrigeration unit, air con unit, white good or other electrical appliance the customer has, the Company will not accept any liability for any subsequent failure and any further fault finding and/ or repairs will be subject to separate charges.
26. Where the Company has installed, at the customers request, a product not specifically intended for a particular usage (eg installation of an indoor light outdoors) Volt Air Pty Ltd accepts no liability should this product not be fit for purpose, not function as expected or not function at all. Any subsequent reinstallation, repair or fault finding in relation to these materials or appliances will be subject to separate charges
27. Unless agreed in writing, payment in full must be made on completion of the works. Payment can be made via cash, EFTPOS or EFTPOS attracts a 2% surcharge. No cheques will be accepted
28. The Company reserves the right to request an upfront deposit to commence works with the balance payable on completion of the work
29. Where work is expected to take longer than 14 days, the Company reserves the right to request from the customer progress payments.
30. Where credit terms have been extended to the customer, the Company reserves the right to recoup any and all costs related to collecting amounts owing from the customer to the company
31. Volt Air Pty Ltd reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of $140, should a service cancellation occur less than 24 hours before the scheduled service time.
32. Where the customer has provided the Company with the go ahead to perform any quoted or estimated work, but has a subsequent change of mind, Volt Air Pty Ltd reserves the right to charge a restocking fee of $250.
33. Where the customer has provided Volt Air Pty Ltd with the go ahead to perform work any quoted or estimated work but has a subsequent change of mind, the customer forfeits 50% of any deposit paid to Volt Air Pty Ltd.
34. It is the
34. Volt Air Pty Ltd warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from the date the installation was completed. Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by Volt Air Pty Ltd, physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered, tampered with subsequently or serviced by third parties.
35. The customer is deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these terms by acceptance of this quotation